Late spring and all the senses and rejoicing with the coming summer. We long for walks on the beach, summer night dancing parties, abandons of delicious fruits and salads. This simple late spring dish has all the hopes of the days to come. Beetroot and carrot, meet fresh salad leaves and herbs, kissed by fresh raspberries, melting goat cheese and contrasting walnuts all gently coming together with a Raspberry Dressing Sauce.
1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- handful of fresh raspberries
- mixed salad (rocket, young spinach leaves, baby leaf lettuce)
- Goat cheese
- Red beetroot
- Fresh herbs (mint leaves, basil leaves, lemon balm leaves)
1. Raspberry Dressing Preparation: In a blender, combine the 1 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup raspberries, 1tbsp vinegar and 2tsp sugar. Blend until smooth and refrigerate until chilled.
2. Salad Decoration: Wash the salad mix leaves, dry and place in a serving dish. Peal a carrot and slice into thin stripes. Cut a read beetroot and slice it into thin stripes. Arrange both over the salad leaves. Sprinkle fresh herbs like basil, mint and lemon balm leaves to add some extra flavour. Slice soft goat cheese disks into halves and arrange on top of the salad. Add walnuts cut into small pieces. Scatter fresh ripe raspberries and top with the raspberry dressing.