Tomato Soup with Meat Balls Posted on
March 15, 2015 by
This post is also available in:
Every family has its comfort food. This type of food that you are happy to sample at home when the days are cold, when despite good effort at work something is always not quite alright or when simply people are acting strangely when all you give and expect is kindness. Days, when you feel a little forlorn or you are fighting a persisting cold.
Days, when you need an understanding, comforting hug from a loved one and something tasty and delicious, to warm you deep inside, to warm you to the bones.
Comfort food like this for us is a simple tomato soup with meat balls and fresh parsley. So easy to make, understated but ever constant in its delicious homey flavour and a promising touch for a brighter day and a happier tomorrow.
- 1 can of tomatoes (250g)
- 2 Carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 big potato
- 1 red paprika
- Ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 50g butter
- 500ml water
- 300g minced meat
- Fresh parsley leaves
- Heat the butter in a deep soup pot. Chop the onion into thick slices and sweat it in the heated butter until softened and slightly golden on the edges.
- Cut the potato, carrots and red paprika into small pieces and add them together with the can of tomatoes and the water into the pot. Mix well and leave to simmer for at least half an hour.
- Once all the vegetables have softened, blend them together forming a smooth, thick liquid.
- Season the soup with a vegetable stock cube, salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
- Roll the meat into small size balls and drop them in the soup to cook for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley leaves.