Bread Buns Posted on
November 23, 2013 by
Breakfast, Pastries, Recipes
My husband made these lovely Saturday morning breakfast bread buns. I must admit there is something magical about a man in the kitchen early in the morning… Yes, undeniably I am immensely proud of him and he is all mine!
I love Saturday and Sunday morning breakfast at home. No stress and rush to quickly leave for work. No haste to speedily drink my coffee. Savouring every taste, leisurely stretching the time by talking sitting around the table this is our time of togetherness, our time of planing and anticipating the delights of the starting weekend. Indulging in the moment, our table is never shy. Home made scones, American pancakes, toasted bread with speck and scrambled eggs, Bulgarian bjurek. This morning, we savoured these delicious home made bread buns, spread with a thin layer of butter and generous spoonfuls of home made strawberry jam.
Makes 6 medium size buns
- 250g flour
- 20g yeast
- 1 1/4dl milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 125g butter
- Sift the flour in a deep bawl and add the salt.
- Slightly warm the milk and add in the sugar and the yeast, mixing until disolved.
- Poor the milk and yeast mixture in the flour and mix until incorporated.
- Add the egg and the butter and kneed the dough until smooth. Let it rest and rise doubling its size for at least half an hour.
- Kneed lightly the dough again, cutting it into 6 balls and rounding every ball by shaping it smoothly.
- Place the buns on a baking tray covered with backing paper. Glaze the buns with egg making them shine. Let them rest for 15 min.
- Pre heat the oven to 225C. Place the buns inside and let them bake for 20 minute until golden brown.