Crispy Fish Nuggets Posted on
June 2, 2013 by
I love these crispy fish nuggets. So easy to make at home and tasting so delicious.
The same recipe using the batter and the bread crumbs can be used for frying chicken, prawns and all softs of fish.
- 500g red fish
- 250g beer
- 250g plain flour
- 2 egg whites, whipped to soft peaks
- 250g bread crumbs
- 500ml vegetable oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Pour all the vegetable oil into a deep pan or deep fat fryer, and heat to 180 degrees C.
- Mix together flour, salt and pepper and the beer, then fold in the egg whites.
- Cut the fish into small pieces. Cover with sea salt and black pepper. Dip the fish into flour and let it rest.
- When the fryer is heated, dip the fish in the batter and then dip it into the bread crumbs.
- Fry for a few minutes until golden brown (4-5 minutes).
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve with cold boiled potato salad, mixed with parsley and honey mustard mayonnaise or classic potato chips.