This post is also available in: Bulgarian
What would be Christmas without the occasional bite into a sweet butter cookie?
Here is my recipe for mouth watering delicious ones.
1. Beat the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla together until smooth and creamy.
2. Mix in the egg yolk until well incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl at least once. Add the milk and mix well.
3. Add the flour and mix just until incorporated.
4. Scrape onto a lightly floured board and knead a few times, just until the dough smooths out.
5. Turn onto a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log, wrap up and refrigerate for several hours or freeze.
6. Before baking, preheat the oven to 175C. Line your baking sheets with parchment.
7. Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it into a round disk on a slightly floured surface. Cut the cookies with biscuit shapes.
8. Bake until just beginning to turn golden around the edges, about 15 minutes.