This post is also available in: Bulgarian
Knowing a few recipes for delicious party canapés is always a hidden asset. One never knows when the occasion will come to serve a few delights, but when the moment comes and they are indeed easy to make and quickly ready to serve, one can relax and enjoy the party with a confidence and a smile. Here is my take on a few of the recipes I have recently discovered in the UK edition of the Delicious magazine.
1. Melt the butter on a medium heat in a deep sauce pan, add the flour and mix well. Add milk and mix continuously until the flour has been absorbed in the milk. Stir the milk continuously until it has become a thick sauce.
2. Take the sauce out of the heat and let it cook completely.
3. When cooled fold in gently the goat cheese and season with salt and pepper.
4. Roll the mixture into a 2cm balls, arrange them on a serving tray and let them stay in the fridge over a night.
5. When ready to serve, take the goat cheese balls out of the fridge. Fill a deep saucepan or wok with vegetable oil and heat until it browns a cube of bread in 30 seconds. Roll the cheese balls croquettes into flour, then dip them into the beaten egg mixture then roll them into the dried bread crumbs and set them in the vegetable oil until becoming golden brown.
6. Seve while still warm.
1. Take the crust pastry roll out of the fridge and open it up and let it rest for 2o min.
2. Meanwhile chop the dried tomatoes into small pieces.
3. Smear the mascarpone on top of the crust pastry.
4. Sprinkle generously the chopped tomatoes.
5. Evenly spread the basil pesto over the pastry.
6. Roll the pastry and covering it with folio let it stay in the fridge for at least one hour.
7. Take out of the fridge and cut into disks. Arrange over a tray covered with baking paper and bake in 200C pre-heated oven for 20 until golden brown.
8. Best served warm.